The Glass Museum Nový Bor was established in 1893 thanks to the Professional Glassmakers Union. Since 1952 the museum has been situated in the late-baroque house on the town square. The permanent exposition presenting the style and technological development of Bohemian glass from the 18 th century up to the present is divided according to refining techniques into blown glass, painted glass, cut glass and engraved glass. The exposition is enriched by models of relevant workshops and archival documents from glass history of the town. Short-term exhibitions introduce creation of glass artists and glass craftmen or have historical and technological character.
The Glass Museum Nový Bor preserves more than 120 years tradition of the local region, artistic and craft skills and invention from many generations of glassmakers and glass artists.